Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Good Medicines

So today, I was already feeling better--thanks to going to Urth Juice Bar yesterday (and drinking a whole bottle of Green Goddess) and watching a few episodes of a gentle, easy series to distract me from the real political world for a bit.

So today I went back to Urth, bought a 15-bottle special, and decided to drink a bottle every day, adding some turmeric to fight inflammation.

Then Kate called and told me how to make a rich chicken broth starting with rotisserie chicken, so I went and got that and will begin that after my nap.

Sleep is also good medicine, too, I find.

No bread, no sweets--I am, as Willie sings, "On the road again."

I now have a dozen canning jars and canned my paper dyes--so now that I have used almost all of them up, I'm going to can broth and other edibles and be ready for a rainy day.

It's a pretty day for a walk, so I plan to go out later and find some leaves and grasses and flowers to use for botanical papers.  I'll let you know how that goes.

So there you go. There I go.

No comments: