Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day 11

Today is Sunday, I think--although all the days are starting to look alike.

Elena Face-Timed me yesterday and the whole family gathered around to tell about books they are reading and Elena's home-schooling. I'm happy to report that the dogs, the bird, the horses, the queen ant, and lizards are all doing fine--as is the newest addition, Elena's Beta fish.  They were making salmon and sweet potatoes for dinner.

Nathan, the introvert, loves this break from middle school.
Elena, the extrovert, wants to go to school and see her friends.

Jackson and Marcus in Virginia took a drive together--160 miles--so Jackson could drain the fuel in his car for a repair to the engine.

When this quarantine started, I ordered a Phomemo for Day and one for me--it's a little device (thermal paper, no ink needed) that makes labels and sticky versions of photos in black and white.  She called so we could open them together, and we had a mini-art party on the phone.

She's making a daily journal about this time of isolation and said I could post a couple of her pages in progress. She's using the same kind of 5 x 5 journal you gave me, Victoria, that started all this art journaling at my house!


The cover

Back when "wishing we'd had snow days" 

She also gave me a link to a journal-maker who inspires her, a man whose work she found on Instagram:

https://josenaranja.blogspot.com/2016/07/prints-for-sale.html

So in the wee hours of the morning, I have just watched the four episodes of Self Made on Netflix while making pages in my journal featuring my four  grandchildren--Jackson, Marcus, Nathan, and Elena.

I've also painted a dozen little boxes black and affixed puzzle pieces with faces on them.  When I get these finished, I'll show you.

Everybody stay home, stay safe, stay healthy!

No comments: