Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Day 4: Sunday, March 15th

If you woke up one morning and discovered that not one person you knew had ever heard of The Beatles, you would think the whole world had suffered massive brain damage at the same time.  That or that you had made them up.

That's the premise of HBO's "Yesterday"--an excellent watch for days of semi-isolation. (I don't have HBO, but Amazon gave me a free week yesterday.)

At first, any aberration from normal seems a tiny bit cool: we're hunkering down, trying to figure out the "social distancing" rules in this temporary-I-hope new world; we're reaching out our hearts--as the poem says--when we can't reach out our hands; we're moving more cautiously in a way, like after 9/11, this time on alert for sneezing and coughing and body aches.

Speaking of which: what I have been calling "fibro" now has a new name: CIRS.  Chronic inflammation Response Syndrome.  After replacing the floors in my house, it went away.  But after spending 8 hours a day in the casita, it has returned full on. So today I am moving a few crafts supplies into the house and am avoiding the casita  to test my hypothesis that there is mold out there, probably under the carpet.

Instead of spending thousands for mold testing and remediation, I decided to first hire someone to pull out the carpet, wash down all the floors and walls with TSP, then replace the carpet with some non-fabric-related flooring.

Meanwhile, I'm taking pain meds and watching movies. When the meds kick in, I'll have three or four pretty good hours before it starts up again.










No comments: