Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 15

1:30 a.m

My energy for making things was in a slump yesterday, so I just gave in and watched the rest of Season One of The Heart Guy.

While watching, I did a little fiddly work--made some gift tags, tried out some stamps I'd never used that I'd gotten earlier this year from The Netherlands, made a start on some birthday cards.  But inspiration for larger things comes and goes, and right now it's in hiding.

10:08 a.m

Working in a beautiful bound journal is not as appealing to me as making separate pages. A journal feels too precious (Maybe I'll mess it up), but there's a little click of satisfaction when a page or a card is completed.  Later, after all this is over, I can put the pieces I like into a journal.

A three-ring binder journal is also a good choice because I can put things in when I'm happy with them, throw them away if I'm not.

I must have gotten this quality from my mama.  She just finished a crocheted afghan she wasn't pleased with, so she unraveled the whole thing and started over!  I guess we two are perfectionists?

12:57

I've had three phone conversations this morning--Carlene, Will and Betty.

Betty said for me to tell you, Joy, how much your card meant to her.  This is a time when reaching out, by cards, by email, by text, is so helpful for us all.

Will sent me pictures of his serious security guards with serious faces--who met him at the gate after work this morning.  Elena is going to miss her brother when he goes to his other house tomorrow.


Even a security guard must be fashionable with her footwear. 


3:00

I had to call Day to figure out how to turn on our new Phomemo.



These little devices, available from Amazon, make black and white photo-stickers and labels. It includes an app for choosing templates, and voila!  Easy as can be--if you have someone to call when you're trying to find the On/Off button, which is right there inside the circle.

There are many free printable imagines online (check Pinterest) that can be printed in about 2 seconds, and you can also print right from your photo library on the phone.  The stickers are really sticky, so they make good labels for jars and boxes, etc. as well as applying to cards and other projects.  I suggest using high contrast images from your photo library for a very sharp sticker image.


4:52

95 degrees!
Lorraine recommended another movie, Richard Jewell, on Amazon.

So I'm going to alternate between the three--The Heart Guy, Richard Jewell, and Good Karma Hospital.


No comments: