Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

Ten True Things

1. Made Joy's amazing GF almond bread last night with almond flour and blueberries. I only made a half recipe and it is gone already.

2.Also made a roasted red pepper soup using the broth Kate told me how to make: a recipe I tore out of a waiting room magazine yesterday and for which I  bought coriander for the first time,  Really delicious if I do say so myself.

3.Also made five little dishes of coconut custard--one for me, four for Jan's family.  It has a tiny bit of sugar, but lots of coconut milk and even coconut extract (which I had to order from Amazon).  I was trying to replicate the one we had at Charlotte's birthday party at Liberty Bar. I didn't quite get it, but I'm still searching.

4. When a person you love lies to you, it's personally devastating--and I speak from my own history.

5. When the President lies to you, it's nationally devastating--see Moyers interview.

6. Friendship and family matter more than anything.  I got a text from Day: "I loooooooove you" followed by a text: "I miss my mom." (I was in the podiatrist's office at the time and it made me so happy.)

7. I just watched two art classes--one inspired by Klimt and taught by Nathalie Kalbach; another by Kate Crane.  I am fired up and inspired and heading out to the casita to see what I can do.

8. Amazon delivered a book yesterday called The WAR of ART: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles. I didn't order it, so. I texted Day and asked, "Did you order me this book?"  She replied, "I can't thin of any creative roadblocks you have.  You just build a new road and move the hell on."

9.  Mystery solved! Bob sent me the book.  I said, "So you're the Mystery Man."  He said, "I'm not the Mystery Man, I'm the Muffin Man."  (A reference to the time when he played that record of mine over and over and over.). He loved that song so much!

10. He was 2 and I was 5 at the time.




No comments: