Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 20

3:40

From my Face Time last night: Because she was such a good home-school student, Elena got four little chicks from the feed store yesterday: Gidget, Gadget, Goldie, and Lock.

Elena and Baby Lock
 Together with the dozen chicks Papi gives each family, there should be no shortage of Easter eggs next spring.



9:27

Yesterday I wrote three short "chapters" so I can officially say I'm writing a book about my experience of this pandemic, a page a day, then playing with paints, resting, and writing again.

Writing is a great antidote to loneliness--as are crafts of any kind, driving around and taking pictures of poppies and the occasional walker.  Yesterday I got the surprise of seeing Charlotte walking a piece of her four-miles-a-day walk and patches of red and purple everywhere.  Bees and birds don't have a clue about a pandemic and they are going about their business as usual.








11:51

Sleepy after a morning of writing and a drive to get juice and ready for a nap.
A word from Urth Juice in The Yard: they need your business if you like vegetable juices or smoothies.   As the owner said to me, "I don't know what we're going to do.  Rent is due tomorrow."

Happy Birthday, Victoria!













No comments: