Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 16

Pretty sure it's Friday, folks!

1.

Broadway Daily Bread is open for curbside!  All you do is call them on the phone, place your order, and they put it on a table outside and you walk up and get it. Birdman, my favorite won't be ready to pick up for an hour or so, but just wanted to get the word out that they are open for business, and we love supporting local businesses when we can.

2.

At 11:17, I am just getting moving, having stayed up til 3 watching Richard Jewell, the story of the security cop wrongly accused of setting the bomb in the Atlanta Olympics during the Clinton years.  Really compelling story--thanks to Lorraine for recommending it!

3.

Before watching it, I watched the video class I linked earlier and made up a bag of supplies and a "lesson plan" for Elena.  I had so much fun making it and going through my art supplies for collage elements and glue and paint for her! Will is going to pick it up when he brings me eggs.

4.

Day and I ordered a box of Nothing Bundt Mini Cakes for the fire station--to be delivered tomorrow when he's working.

I am finding that doing even little things for other people--whether making cards or ordering cakes--is the key to getting through this isolation.  Day and I send each other "happy mails" from time to time. She's saving her most recent box to open tomorrow.  She says it's her incentive to get back to playing after a crazy week of setting up online learning for her teachers.

5.

Another text just came in--from Linda Kot--to be sure and see Barrack and Michelle's documentary on Netflix: Crip Camp.

6.

Now I'm all teary-eyed.  I just listened to Will and Elena singing "I'll fly away" on Facebook and I'm about to jump out of my skin to see them and hear more in person!

This was one of my daddy's favorite songs, one he and Will used to sing together.

Okay, this is the last straw!






No comments: