Pages

Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 12

From an NPR interview this weekend: "This can either be a time of transformation or a time of panic."

A Dream

I dreamed last I was having a gathering in the casita of all the people who have ever been in writing groups there.  In reality they wouldn't all fit, but in dream footage, they did.  In the dream, I was so happy to see them all!

Seclusion was over, and we were all feeling celebratory, creative, and free.

There was some kind of abstract chicken-wire sculpture in the room, and we were all tacking onto it various things we had made to celebrate the end of isolation: paper flowers, pieces of paper with poems, small paintings, and sweets.

So maybe my dream speaks to my desire to have a great big art/writing/creativity gathering.  Maybe it's a sign that physical isolation will be over and we'll all be left standing.  And maybe it was a dream  about transformation.  We are all being creative in dealing with a crisis and we're finding ways to make our days as good as they can be.

Birthdays

I have five good friends who have birthdays in the next 12 days!  A cluster of March and Aprils: Pam's, Betty's, Victoria's, Freda's and Lorraine's.  

As I look back into people no longer in my life physically but whom I remember fondly--four of them have birthdays between March 18 and 20th: my daddy, my friend Gary Lane, my ex boyfriend, Bob, and Mary Frances Weathersby, my yoga teacher and friend of many years.

Free Art Classes

Pam and I both signed up for Sketchbook Revival--a series of classes taught by different teachers.  How timely, then, that Lesson 1 showed up today--by Carla Sonheim.

So much fun on a gray day!  Here's how you can then go right to Carla's website and get more free stuff--including the three sessions of watercoloring flowers I just took.

https://www.carlasonheim.com

A question

What are you doing to transform yourself or your house or your diet or your love life or your imagination during this time?

Let me know and I'll post it to inspire the rest of us.

Sad day for Jackson

Just found out that Virginia schools are closed for the remainder of the year: no prom, no graduation, no lacrosse.

He's devastated, as I'm sure thousands of kids are right now.












No comments: