Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2018

All Around St. Francisville

Driving backroads to St. Francisville from Covington was beautiful! I passed abandoned sharecropper-type houses so dilapidated they looked like they might cave in any minute.  Antebellum houses with giant pastures and white fences. Horses, ducks on ponds, roadside memorials in red clay and grass, fields of cows, old cemeteries, giant old trees, wildflowers.  This is a place I'd like to stay for at least a week, just looking around!  Looking is my vocation.







When I arrived in St. Francisville, I had lunch here--a crawfish salad. 


I spent an hour in Conundrum, a beautiful independent
book store in an old garage--with Missy, the owner,
and Buster, her sort of partner

And Another Hour here in Grandmother's Buttons,
a store and museum of buttons from the 1800s
and early 1900s. 


After a good night's sleep and no tornadoes or hail, I'm heading out now, over the Mississsipi Bridge, west, to San Antonio.


No comments: