Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

Day Two

As you can see, I was in a jaunty enough mood yesterday morning to take a selfie at Joel's Barbecue:


After all, I had this cute little destination to look forward to, a day of music and inspiration, and a day of taking pictures... What's not to love?  Here's how the host described himself:

"I am a 4th generation restaurateur and chef from southwest Louisiana. I am also a avid cajun preservationist, musician, comedian and tour guide. I have been in the tourism industry since 1992 my family has been since 1932. I love people, gatherings and the cajun spirit. I hope to share this love of life with you and share the absolute most unique and wonderful Cajun experience possible. "



But this cute little vintage trailer was, actually, way more vintage than cute--with a musty smell.  I had to park some distance from it, then would have had to drag my bags across a rutted and poorly lit driveway if I'd stayed. I was curious enough to open the door and take a peek, but out of there in two minutes.

Today is going to be a good day--I'm checking out for parts unknown, heading toward Breaux Bridge, New Iberia, and Baton Rouge.


I love peeling billboards!



No comments: