Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Days 8 and 9

Carlene and I are having a relaxing good, but short, visit--before I head back to Texas.  Today we drove over to Athens and had lunch with Bob and Jocelyn at Bone Island, a restaurant we all like.






Jocelyn showed me some photos she took on portrait mode on her new iPhone 8--really good pictures!

Carlene at lunch today

Gracie, one of Bob and Jocelyn's dogs--what a sweet one! 

Bob worked me out a backroad route back to Texas--which I look forward to exploring on my way back to San Antonio, avoiding Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, and Lake Charles.  

Carlene's friend, Carol Ann,  made us a banana bread and it was so delicious I went ahead and enjoyed half a loaf of it!  I'm paying for it today with myalgia, so I'll get back on the wagon from here on out.



Here's Nathan getting ready for last night's tryouts--he wants to be a drummer in middle school next year.  Fingers crossed, he'll make the cut and begin his percussion years.

Yesterday, his dog died--the smallest of the three, a rat terrier named Skippy.  Nathan was upset about Skippy--and Elena said, "Nathan, you can have Charley."[That's her dog, a mixed-poodle.]

Later, Nathan seemed to be feeling somewhat cheerful again.

"What's the matter, Nathan?  Aren't you sad anymore?  Are you already over Skippy?" Elena asked--which made him sad all over again!


No comments: