Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

On the Road Again....soon!

While I haven't felt perky this week, I have every intention of reviving myself for a Cajun Birthday Bash next week, Betty and me.

I've already reserved two nights on the way to New Orleans where we'll meet to explore the French Quarter and Cajun food and music.

Here's my bedroom for two nights--a quaint little place that gets rave reviews and costs something like $25 a night on AirBnb. The host is a chef, a comedian, a tour guide and for the price of this room, you get a hot chef-prepared breakfast delivered to your room at 8:00!  What could be better?



I like staying in AirBnb's because the hosts are usually  happy to introduce guests to their city, direct you to good eateries and let you know where the locals do what locals do--and you get to read what other guests have to say about the place before booking.  This guy has a fire outside and music every night for guests!

I'm imagining holing up here for two days and writing, then exploring the area around Lafayette, then heading to meet Betty for a party that will last several days.

We're going to make Turning Seventy a Piece of Cake.

No, wait.  Betty said she'd rather have blackberry cobbler than cake--so I'll stop by Big Bibs Barbecue on the way out of town and procure some birthday cobbler before hitting the road.

No comments: