Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

The hum.....

There are extraordinary human beings in the world--and Ted Talks brings so many of them into my motel room, your kitchen, my car (thanks to Ted Radio), and your back porch!

This morning, after listening to two during the night, I woke up to this brilliant Ted Talk by Shondra Rhimes, the prolific television writer, mother of three girls.

Truly honest and revelatory and inspiring!

https://www.ted.com/talks/shonda_rhimes_my_year_of_saying_yes_to_everything

I love her analogy--that work (when it's working) is like the "hum you feel on the open road."

As I actually gear up to get on the actual open road, I'm feeling badass myself!  It's joy specific, love specific, life specific--to borrow the words from this Titan--wondering "why I ever stop playing" when I know how good it is to play.

I will take Shondra on my road (my playground) and remember.

Are you feeling the hum today?  If not, what will it take to hear it, be it?


No comments: