Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Day One

Putting on my traveling shoes

The first half of Day One was perfect!  I listened all day to music and talks in my iPhone library--starting with "Midnight Train to Georgia" and moving through Ram Dass, Leonard Cohen, some gospel music, and John O'Donahue.

Halfway between San Antonio and Houston, I began seeing bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes, beautiful legacy of Lady Bird!





We Texans don't usually pick BlueBonnets, but I couldn't resist this one photo op! 


I'd expected a traffic slow-down in Houston, but it wasn't bad at all.  In Lake Charles, however, it took two hours to get through about ten miles.

It was after dark when I arrived at the AirBnB vintage trailer.  Had I arrived at five for their nightly Happy Hour, I might have had a different impression, met the host, and met other visitors.  But as it was, I felt uncomfortable.  I could almost hear my daddy's voice advising me to leave, and I did.

My anticipated lodging adventure isn't happening as planned, but I'm happily relaxing tonight in a Best Western.  Tomorrow I'll explore Lafayette--or I'll move on to Breaux Bridge, one of my favorite Louisiana towns.

Then Betty (leaving tomorrow from Georgia) will meet me on Saturday for our birthday party in New Orleans!








No comments: