Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Day Three

The drive here (to Covington, LA) today was beautiful--the yards profuse with azaleas, especially the hot pink variety, and the roadsides gold with wildflowers.

I discovered a triangle of small Louisiana towns not far from Lafayette--which I definitely hope to return to  during azalea season: Arnauldville, Grand Coteau, and Sunset.  With the huge mossy live oak trees and the bright shocks of pink and blanket of golds, I felt like I was driving in a giant Easter basket out here in the swamp.



Joy identified these by text: groundsels







The traffic through Baton Rouge was so slow it took two hours to get to the other side of the Mississippi Bridge.

As soon as I got to the other side, so happy to be moving again, I got the low-tire signal on the dash.  Ugh Oh!
I took the first exit--Airline Drive--and found the only Discount Tire  in Louisiana and within an hour was on my way to Covington, where Betty and I met--
three hours later than planned. 



Betty and I had dinner at Buster's Place in downtown Covington--one of my favorite travel stops.
Shrimp Po-Boy and raw oysters for her, Catfish for me....

No comments: