Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

Pascagoula Mississippi Monday Night

I woke up early and decided to get an early start on Atlanta traffic--too early to take the scenic route.  I've been in the car for over 12 hours, stopping only to visit Dauphin Island.  Because of high wind, the ferry wasn't running, so I didn't get to go to the main part of the island, but I enjoyed poking around and remembering when I went there last.

The ferry ride alone is about 45 minutes each way, so it's fine that I didn't go there, but I remember it fondly--with all its colorful houses and nice beaches.

In Pascagoula, I went to Bozo's for shrimp--recommended to me by someone on the island.  I was too tired to eat it, so brought it to  my room and plan to settle in early.

If you're traveling near Mobile on a sunny day, I highly recommend taking an early morning ferry and spending the day on Dauphin Island.

Last night at Carlene's

It's been gray all day


These are the colors of the houses on Dauphine Island--
wish I could have gotten on the ferry and taken
better photos.  This is a row of boat houses. 



No comments: