Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sunday in Lawrenceville

If I ate half a loaf of banana bread, you know who ate the other half?  My sweet mama--she likes me to call her that, so there you have it.

Sweetness affects us all differently, but for me it brings on the myalgia big time if I overdo it, which I did in Louisiana and now Georgia.  I'm aching today, but doing better at the table.  Bob and Jocelyn came over and we had Mexican food, mine gluten free, and then we went next door to an unusual shop--combination candy in beautiful colors and bags of herbs.  I chose turmeric--and Jocelyn also bought me some lemony almonds and we shared a bar of goat's milk soap.

Jocelyn is posing beside one of the paintings of the store owner, a poet and painter and herbalist.





Carlene attended a funeral of a friend's husband today--the third in a very short space of time.

After a late lunch, Carlene and I spent the rest of the day watching the marches and listening to the articulate young people speaking out against gun violence.

No comments: