Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

March 19

I wish I could be making a pound cake or banana pudding for Lloyd Harris today--this would have been his 96th birthday!

I'm not sure where the best people go after this life, but this good man is still very much present in all the places I go.

Like the night I took a peek into the pink trailer and smelled a rank smell (and realized that the pictures didn't show smells or sounds or surroundings),  I could hear my daddy saying, "Sugar...." (that's what he called me), "Don't stay here."

He rarely gave commands or judgments--he was usually indirect, like I am.  So if I thought I heard him say leave, I listened.


He was an affectionate, easy-going, funny, honest man--and any kid who happened to be his offspring felt loved every day!





No comments: